Thursday, February 1, 2007

Stuff Posing As Mail

What is my obsession with checking my email? Does anyone else have this affliction?

I, as you well know, am cleaning my house. My parents are coming to visit on Saturday (yes, this Saturday, and yes, I waited until today to start cleaning. Shut up.) and now I'm in a panic to make sure the house is clean enough. Or at least livable. Rat says our house isn't messy, it's "lived in".

Uh huh.

That's not exactly the look I'm going for.

Wait. The point. There was one, I know it. Oh yes! Obsessive email checking.

So there I am...cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, scrubbing, scrubbing, scrubbing. Actually making a dent in the dump that apparently is this house. And as soon as one task is done and I'm thinking about what I'm going to tackle next (oh who am I kidding...I have a list for that) and as soon as I walk by my computer *poof* all thoughts of cleaning have left my head and all I can think of emailemailemail!!!! Seriously. I could be done cleaning by now if I didn't have to stop every 10 minutes to check my damn email. And really, no one ever sends me email anyway. Even if there is something there, it's freakin' SPAM! I hate spam. The meat-ish stuff too. Bill Engvall had this to say about SPAM:

"I figured out what SPAM stands for. Stuff Posing As Meat."

So what is the email equivalent? Stuff Posing As Mail?

Hee!
********************************************************

Guess what I just did. Yeah. I did. I couldn't help it. I have no self control.

Okay....back to cleaning, I guess. Or maybe...just one more time....I could check my mail....

No comments: