Monday, January 22, 2007

Demon Spawn or Just Talented?

OR, IS THERE AN
OPHTHALMOLOGIST
IN THE HOUSE?

First, let me start out by saying that I? Am a terrible Googler. I never enter the right words and I rarely get an answer to whatever question that I have. With this specific...um....issue, I've even sat down with a thesaurus to try and find an answer to my question.

So. Here it is. It's kind of hard to explain, so I guess that's why I'm procrastinating. It's going to take a bit of explaining, so here goes.

I can, uh, wiggle my eyes. Like, in my head. Without moving my head. They vibrate. Or shiver. It's really weird and I don't know how I do it.

When I was 5 or 6, a sort of friend of mine ran up to my mom on the playground (she was a "classroon parent" or whatever they call them now) and said "Hey! Look at what I can do!" and then he made his eyes wiggle. I never saw it, but my mom told me about it. I tried it and voila!

It's almost like, I halfway cross my eyes, but they don't cross, and then I uncross them at the same time. It doesn't hurt at all. Or give me a headache. I'd just really like to know what exactly the hell is wrong with me. I have visions of grapefruit-sized tumors in my brain or something.

So please. If any of y'all "Googler-Extrordinaires" out there fell like a challenge...this is a good one.

It's a neat party trick. Some people are enthralled by it and it makes others (like one of my best friends) queasy. Some people ask me to do it everytime I see them, especially if there's someone new there. Other people make me promise never to do it again.

But on the bright side, I've never lost a staring contest.

*Edited to spell ophthalmologist correctly. Thank you Google.

1 comment:

sometrouble said...

i've seen people do that before...don't know what it would officially be called. My sister turns her eyelids inside out, and I can wiggle my ears...i guess we're all a bunch of weirdos.