Sunday, December 10, 2006

Negative Nancy

I swear I'll do better. Things have been nuts around here lately. This weekend has been non-existent.

Friday was spent cleaning since my parents were coming up around noon on Saturday.

Saturday, was "parents day" and we went to A Christmas Carol at the Theatre in the Park which was SO EXCELLENT! I highly recommend it. It was hilarious (but that's okay, it was supposed to be). The Director/star of the show (a.k.a. Ebenezer Scrooge), Ira David Wood III and he just totally made the show. He adds in things that have happened in politics or entertainment news or whatever lately and he has you laughing the entire show. I think it was nearly 3 hours, but it didn't even feel like half of that. The crack about Britney Spears and her underwear or lack-there-of still has me crackin' up! Anyway, he's been directing and starring in the show for 32 years and this was his last year, which is terrible. I doubt the show will ever be the same without him. Yes, I totally recommend it.

Let's see. Hmm. Oh, then we went to this Italian restaurant that's right by the theater and were forced to choose between waiting an hour and a half to two hours or all eight of us could sit at the bar. And eat Italian food. Fun. Guess which one we choose? Yeah, we all sat at the bar. And couldn't talk to anyone sitting more than one person away from us. And we had to deal with people coming up and ordering drinks while we were trying to talk. Excuse me much?

Didn't get home until late because well, my Dad's insane. I think he figures that he's been driving for so long that everyone else should just have to get out of his way. Everyone. Including street signs. And medians.

It was a fun drive home.

We also directed him to a house several streets away from us that, no kidding, has every single one of those blow up Christmas things that they make. Also lights EVERYWHERE, a family of caroling snowmen (and women) and another family of penguins. And other assorted doodads. It was entertaining.

Sunday, WE FINALLY GOT OUR CHRISTMAS TREE!!!! Yippee!!! I am a Christmas nut. A "Chestnut" if you will. Although, no roasting on an open fire. Yet, anyways. I don't want to be one of those "have-the-tree-up-before-Thanksgiving" people, but the first week in December would be nice. I, however, live with Negative Nancy. I couldn't think of a better name for him for several months now, but I think I've finally got this one pinned down. He was the one repeating "It's just awful" at the 'enthusiastically lit' yard. He's the one that insists we don't get a tree until two weeks before Christmas. AND that we take it down before the new year (and when I saywe I mean me). Oh, and doesn't help me decorate the tree at all, but that's okay, I kind of prefer to do it myself. That way it's done right. ;) hee hee

We also had the annual TaeKwonDo Christmas banquet thingy today. Wow. That was fun. Lots of people I don't know, getting lots of awards, and lots and lots of me clapping for them or risk looking like a tool. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We ended up being sat next to some really nice people, so that made it bearable. Also, we found out that "Negative Nancy's" instructor is a year YOUNGER than ME! OMG! We had no idea. We were thinking late twenties, and he was thinking maybe early thirties, but he's 24! Ha! That'll show us.

Now we're home and finished watching Firefly, which is just a great show and they should have never taken it off the air, for no reason! And Battlestar Gallactica just ended (thank God). And the tree is decorated (and soooo purtay). And I guess it's about time to try and go to sleep. And this is just about the worst blog entry I've ever written.

But, tomorrow (I think) I will take pictures of my dog in his Christmas "get up" and post them here. And if y'all are really good, maybe I'll take some pictures of the kitties in their Christmas gear and post them. One has a Santa hat, and the other has light-up reindeer antlers. HA! So cute! They hate me so much. Except the dog. He's kinda dumb. But we love him.

Oh, and Christmas shopping? What Christmas shopping. Christmas is like 2 months away, right? Right? Hmm.....maybe I should get on that then!

No comments: