Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Okay, yeah...

There was more than just a little change...hehe. I decided to go ahead and switch to the beta version of blogger since it was going to happen eventually anyway, no matter how much I resisted change of any kind.

So I spent last night...ALL of last night...putting everything back where it was supposed to be 'cause let me tell you, switching SUCKS. I am pretty much the most computer illiterate person with a computer you will EVER MEET. It took me nearly a month to figure out how to change/add stuff in the HTML code stuff and then they go and change everything around in the beta version.

Now, I'm luckier than most people. I have the entire computer encyclopedia sitting on the other couch. All I have to do is ask him a question. But I can't. No. I just can't. I can't let him know what a computer idiot I am.

Last night, he looked over and saw the frustrated look on my face, or maybe he just read my mind and saw me throwing the computer out the window, or into the creek (Hi Mom!) and of course, he asks "what's wrong?". 15 times I say "nothing" and go back to trying to figure out just what the hell I'm doing. But then I can't keep it in any longer. I don't even remember what I said. Something about what the hell is a widget and move-y blocks of my stuff and possibly something about sparkly bunnies. What knows. All I know is that there was a lot of whining, and some pulling out of hair, and maybe even a little bit of face smooshing.

He actually explained things nicely and calmly (for once...he normally has patience for everyone BUT me) and I was understanding the words, just not in the order that he was putting them.

Anyway.

So after HOURS of reading all the blogger help stuff and clicking "NO" indignantly when asked if "this information was helpful", I realized that "ohhhhh...I don't have to use the html crap on the new version". I think I still have the hand print on my forehead.

Also, no sleep last night. None. Nada. Zip. Zero. I finally gave up around 5:30. I came downstairs and broke my remote. And my shin. Stupid cabinet door. I am not meant to be awake at 5:30 in the morning! I didn't even know my clock HAD a 5:30 AM. Did you know that there is NOTHING on tv at 5:30 in the morning? I do now. If I have to watch one more infomercial on that weird little teeth brightening light thingy, I'm gonna scream. Then I'm going to throw my computer into the tv. Two birds with one stone and all that.

No comments: