Thursday, October 5, 2006

I have nothing to say, so what the heck I'll try to write something

Yup. Absolutely nothing to say. Nothing going on in my brain. I'm just thought out.

The dog scared himself half to death getting outside the other day. He bumped our leaning tower of boxes that were waiting to go to the dump and some of them fell over on him. I guess that's to be expected when you're 115 lbs, hyper, and have no control over your tail. He did that funny thing that cats do when something scares them. Jumped straight up into the air and then bolted outside.

It's very funny seeing this giant dog, affectionately known as "Dogzilla" act like a little fraidy cat.

**4 hours have now passed since I wrote the above**

We just watched the new Discovery thing on China (Italy comes on tomorrow). It was very interesting and I'm glad they focused in on the people and not the government. It's worth the 2 hours to watch.

We're having friends over tomorrow night (I guess that's tonight, now)and I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight and then I'll be all sleepy and cranky tomorrow and I'll probably burn the chicken...and nobody likes burnt chicken. Maybe I can just lie and say it's "blacked chicken"...Hee!

I wrote Model an email about dinner and she wrote me back saying that she and her boyfriend Suds thought I had an entertaining writing style. Which of course gave me a huge boost of confidence and my head swelled up and I started feeling all hoitytoity...and now....I can think of nothing entertaining to write about and I can't even write about nothing in an entertaining way. Hmph.

My dad's here tonight, so I was trying to combine all the cleaningish things that I had to do to get the house ready for his visit and for our dinner tomorrow night. And what did I get done? Umm...about half of my list...for his visit...oopsy. I still have to clean the kitchen floor (can't I just let the dog lick it? he's got that textured tongue!), vacuum in the den (again?! Hubby needs to learn how to control his food a little better!), try and finish up in my office (shut up, no I'm not done with it yet...it would have gone faster if SOMEone would help me!), if I finish that then I have to move all my stuff BACK into it and out of the guest room (yeah, sorry 'bout that Dad), then there's the dinner that I have to get ready (it's kind of a stages thing)(and could I be using anymore parenthases?)(apparently!)and that includes letting a stick of butter come to room temperature and then mixing in herbs/garlic/lemon juice and whatnot then wrapping it back up and hardening in the fridge, pound out chicken breasts (I'm awful at this!)(and the chicken slime! YUCK!), clean up the kitchen from the raw chicken shower it's sure to receive, and then there's more, but I won't bore you anymore than I already have!

But I still have to get up early in the morning and fix my dad breakfast. HoHum....the life of being the Hostess with the Mostess! ;)

No comments: