Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I'm seriously in love with Pop Tarts

Seriously. No, Really. I loooove them. Not until recently, though.

When I stopped eating meat, I had to really walk through the grocery stores kind of just...well....looking. Not that I was eating meat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, mind you. And I wasn't just looking for "breakfasty stuff" either. I needed something that would make a good snack, a good light lunch, and maybe even part of dinner or a dessert. Now I wasn't expecting for just one thing to fit all of these categories, but lo and behold, I did!

Pop Tarts aren't like Pop Tarts 15 years ago! They don't just come in strawberry, blueberry, and brown sugar & cinnamon anymore! Noooo....there are so many different types of Pop Tarts that they should have their own isle in the grocery store! They even have low fat (and maybe no fat, but I haven't looked that closely, I was too busy looking at all the four hundred million flavors!).

That's not to say that I don't enjoy a good strawberry Pop Tart every now and again, but they have "French Toast"!!! Not to mention the new flavors that are perfect for dessert, such as chocolate with mint, and....get this....ice cream sundae!!!

And that's not all, people! They now recommend FREEZING some of these new and yummy flavors! I thought, oh gross....frozen Pop Tarts?! No WAY! Blech! Buuuuuut....I tried it. I CAN NEVER GO BACK!!!

It's like when you feed table scraps to your dog and then try to shove the ol' dry stuff on him and he gives you that "No way, Lady! I'll have the steak, please." look!

I'm still having problems finding stuff for dinner, but I'm doing ok!

Think I'll go have a frozen Pop Tart or 12!

No comments: