Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Sad, Sad Days...

Y'all, this has been one long week. My mother-in-law died suddenly and completely unexpectedly last Thursday (March 1st). It's been nonstop since then. And it's looking like it's going to be a long hard fight with her new husband, who is turning out to be a con artist. The 1st was her very first day of retirement. She was 62. My heart is just broken. You hear so many "mother-in-law horror stories" that I always just kind of assumed that that was one of the trials of life, but my husband's mother was just the coolest mother-in-law that I could have ever hoped for. We always had an uneasy feeling about this new husband and things that are coming to light now are justifying all the bad vibes we got from him. It's really just awful. I can't believe that my husband and his brother and sister have to go through this.

Sorry this post is so scattered. I'm quite sick at the moment and really didn't know what I was going to say. I just figured that since it had been about a week, I should pop my head in and say hi.

I'll try to get my blog party post (whatever that is) up in a day or so.

And P.S. I don't care how old you are, if you have children, you need a will. You would not believe the nightmare that my MiL not having one has caused. Please don't do that to your children. Losing a parent is hard enough, but to be thrown into this turmoil is just horrid.

No more sad posts after this one, promise!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She might have had one but just never told you about it.

That's so sad.

Hyman said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Hang in there. All will work out.

We're here for ya!!

Arlene said...

I'm sorry :-(

Deena Peterson said...

Oh, sweetie, you don't worry about sad posts...if you need to pour your heart out, you do it.
Father, please wrap your arms of love around this precious family. God, death brings out so many things, and sometimes it can bring out the worst in some people. I pray for protection and provision. Don't let the enemy win in this, God, but show Yourself mighty to this family. Help them in their grief, Father, and let them look to You for comfort. Give them wisdom and answers to the struggles they face, and let their memories of Mom and Grandma bring smiles to their faces.
Amen

mama2dibs said...

I am so sorry to hear about this. When anyone goes suddenly, it's just so hard to deal with because there wasn't a chance to say goodbye. I am so sorry...at least she was a wonderful in-law and you can be there to whole heartedly support your husband. God be with you in the trials that have passed and the trials to come.