Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Year-End Meme....

Okay...I've never done one of these thingys before. I have no idea what they are, much less how to pronounce the word "meme". Is it like that thing singers do to warm up? "ME ME ME ME ME" Is it pronounced "may-may"? What is it? I'm confused. But that's not rare.

So I stumbled across this one at The Write Coast and thought it would be a good way to say goodbye to 2006 and hello to 2007, and I know I promised not to do that, but I guess I'm at a loss for interesting things to say here. I thought I'd give this a go.

Year-End Meme

1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
colored my hair

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kept half of them. Does that count?

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I know people who had kids, but no one close to me.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God!

5. What countries did you visit?
umm...I could list the counties that I visited.

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
less of me.

7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
March 23rd, that's the day I landed in the ER after my dog bit me.

8. What was your biggest achievment of the year?
Completely cutting Mt Dew out of my diet and only drinking diet mt dew.

9. What was your biggest failure?
becoming a slacker after my hand got hurt and gaining back all the weight I lost in the beginning of the year.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
see #7 and I also had the flu twice

11. What was the best thing you bought?
the hubby's car, "Blueberry"

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
too many people to name, mostly my parents :)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
geeze....let's start counting, Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears (except when she dumped her loser husband), Paris Hilton, the list goes on and on and on, but somehow they all seem like the same person.

14. Where did most of your money go?
bills bills bills

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Hubby driving us on a little nature drive through the park. I actually got to look-out-the-window!!!

16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
nothing really, wait until 2008 and ask me again.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a.) happier or sadder? happier
b.) thinner or fatter? the same as last year. Down 10 pounds and then back up.
c.) richer or poorer? again, the same. which isn't bad, but I guess isn't good either

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
exercise

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
complaining

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family

21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
I fell in love several years before and am still there

22. How many one-night stands?
er, none?

23. What was your favorite TV program?
oh jeeze. there are so many. House, Heros, Bones, Supernatural, Firefly, CSI

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
nope :)

25. What was the best book you read?
Odd Thomas

26. What was your greatest music discovery?
really....no idea.

27. What did you want and get?
a panini maker from my grandma :)

28. What did you want and not get?
my lovely Chi hair flatiron :(

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Serinity

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Nothing fancy, a yummy dinner. I turned 25.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not being bitten and ending up quitting my exercise routine.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
uhh....well...my jeans now have little sparkelies and stuff on them? So...I guess I'm movin' on up!

33. What kept you sane?
WHO SAID THAT?!

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I really don't fancy any celebrity or public figure.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

36. Who did you miss?
My grandpa, but I miss him every year.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
My friend Super Models boyfriend. I call him "Suds". They're really great together...until the boys get into a video game and leave us out :(

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Hair is just hair. It will grow back. Who knew?!

One year ago today:
I think I was still procrastinating about putting away Christmas presents and taking down the decorations....kinda....sorta....exactly like this year.

So....how about you?

No comments: