Friday, October 13, 2006

warm fuzzies accepted here

This is not the usual upbeat (hopefully quirky) posting that you normally read here. I'm writing this to ask all of you wonderful bloggers and bloggettes out there to send some good thoughts, prayers, warm fuzzies, whatever you'd like, my way. My Granny's in the hospital and I'm really worried about her. She's always been a fiesty lady, but lately, with more and more health problems popping up, she's been getting depressed. A few days ago my mom had to take her to the ER for several reasons all put together and the doctor there said that they thought she might have had a stroke. Now, they don't think that's the case, but needless to say, it scared the crap out of all of us. I talked to my mom again today and she said that Granny's doing much better today, but is still not her normal self. They're not sure if she can go back to her condo or if she's going to have to go live some place with 24 hour care (which she does NOT want to do). I try and send her a card every week or so and my mom says that it just means the world to her (and I honestly believe that it does). I was thinking that if I could get together some comments from people wishing her well and sending warm fuzzies her way that could help to boost her spirits and in turn her health.

Granny is the BEST grandma anyone could ever hope to have. I know you're not supposed to have favorites, but she was always my favorite grandparent. She's always been the first one to crack a dirty joke and she loves to play cards and gamble! She taught me to play gin rummy when I was about 5 or 6. She was the greatest cook in the world, ever. Yes. E.V.E.R. A few years ago she started loosing her sight and it's all but gone now. She's in her 80's and still trying to be as independent as she can, but it's one of those battles that can never be won.

Anyway, I'm asking for good thoughts, etc for the wonderful grandma who spoiled me rotten and let me get away with everything and did anything and everything her only granddaughter ever asked to do. She would have used her last quarter just to let me ride the little plastic horseys in front of Roses. And I can't count the times we had elaborate tea parties in her shower (don't ask me...I was insane as a child...LOL...there was this bench in there that fascinated me). And the card houses...oh the card houses! She was a "bridge-0-holic" and had games several times a week, so she had countless decks of cards, so we would build card house villages! No, card house cities! NO! Card house metropolises! (is that a word?)

AAAANYway, I'll stop with the depressing post. I just wanted to ask for some happy thoughts for my Granny. I thought if I could get enough comments together, I could print them out and then read them to her when I go down there to help out for a few days, this Saturday. It truely would mean the world to her.

I couldn't find a picture of Granny on my computer, but when this picture was taken, I was talking to her on the phone. Yes, that's me. Yes, I was actually THAT cute. hee :)

1 comment:

Kris said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. She is one awesome lady...and has always been so sweet to me whenever I've seen her over the years. Tell her to stay strong...she's got lots of ppl that love her.

Hopefully sometime we can get together this weekend in NB. It's going to be lots of crammed stuff in ...but we'll see! Talk to you soon. ;)