Monday, September 25, 2006

hair today, gone tomorrow

When you see this picture.....

....what's the first word that comes to mind? Is it "shiney"? No. I didn't think so. Me either.

I saw this commercial on tv (I guess that would be the first red flag) for this Clairol Natural Instincts Shine Happy stuff that's supposed to make your hair shiney. It does nothing to the color of your hair (I'm too much of a wuss for that....although I've been wanting to possibly try that too). Just adds shine. Supposedly. Lots and lots of shine. Or to quote them:

"Adds Brilliant, Long Lasting Shine"

uh huh

I'm just not seein' it.

I was thinking maybe it was because the shine-goo stuff that I had to put on my hair was spread too thin. I have really long, thick hair and generally the people who make the "hair stuff" and who write the "hair stuff directions" don't take that into consideration. Ohhh, they go on and on about "if you have very fine hair" this and "if you have gray hair" that, but nothing on anything like "hey, do you have really thick, wavy, long hair? then do this....".

Ugh.

I threaten to shave my head on a weekly basis.

No comments: