Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Ahh...the smell of pencils in the morning...

I love this time of year.....no, not the heat part....and Fall is still my favorite....buuut....this is the time of year that the school supplies go on sale! I'm a total office supply junkie! I read all the ciculars and drool over the "Buy one get one free" sales and the "buy 1 at full price get 1 for 1 cent" sales! If I could, I'd come home with 100 pens and pencils, tons of different notebooks and paper supplies and nearly everything else.

I don't know what it is about new pens and pencils that totally attracts me. Computer Guy thinks that he should have just waved a freshly sharpened pencil in my face instead of trying to impress me when we first met. Hmmm....might have even worked!

But alas....we have a grocery budget...

*sigh*

We need an office supply budget.

I'm also a "list nut". I make lists about everything! And then when I mark a lot of those things off, I make a new revised list. I have lists on everything. Even food stuff we're supposed to keep stocked, with another list of spices and herbs and things like that. I can't help it, it's a disease! But at least all the list-making tends to shorten the life of my pens and pencils (meaning, I can buy more).

My mom made the mistake of giving me scrapbooking stuff for my birthday last year. It consumed me! I kept the craft store in business! HA! After I finished my first scrapbook, I decided that I was going to make one for her for Christmas (2005). So I enlisted my dad to "steal" a bunch of pictures that my mom had put into a cabinet and swore she would do something with some day. When he shows up at our house, he has a GYM BAG full of pictures! Took me a week just to go through and sort them all! I started it in October. I wanted to give myself enough time to finish it since I was also crocheting 3 blankets (for mom, grandmom, and MIL) and knitting a scarf for my dad. Also crocheted 4-5 other scarves for CG's Aunts and Uncles. Yes, I was busy as a little bee!

Anyway, I wanted to give myself plenty of time to finish the scrapbook for my mom, but ended up finishing it in less than a month! I was a little too excited about it, I think!

So....Christmas morning, we all get up (we're at my parent's house) and open presents....and what do I open up? MORE scrapbooking stuff! I'm afraid a squealed like a little girl. Of course, that one is long finished and now I'm working on a "mini" one. It's very small...only one pic per page, but it's cute.

Why am I writing about this? Well...I'm not sure. I think we started talking about office supplies and I guess technically the pens, pencils, stickers, and whatnot all counts as office supplies.

I'm going to go drool over the CVS circular.....

*wipes off keyboard*

No comments: