Thursday, March 22, 2007

So Maybe This Cold Isn't Going to Kill Me

Right.

So.

Go ahead. I know what you're thinking.

Where the hell have you been?!

And I have a very simple answer for you:

ON THE COUCH.

That's pretty much it.

There have been occasional trips to the fridge for more tea or diet mt dew. And to the pantry, for croutons. YES I SAID CROUTONS. Shut up. When you're this sick, if you can eat anything, you would be well advised to do so.

I'm still kinda cough-y, so I'm alternating between sleeping in the bed and sleeping on the couch, depending on how badly I'm coughing that day. It always seems to get worse at night. And, on top of that, I've run out of cold medicine. Rat compared me to Minnie Driver's character on The Riches (love it-btw), so no more cold medicine for poor little sick Mouse. *sniffle* (now feel sorry for me right now dammit!)

Last night I finally had enough cough drops to let me go to sleep around 3am. And Rat was so happy to have something to cuddle with that he over slept by almost 2 hours. Whoopsey.

"Star Trek:Voyager coming up next" Um. No. *changing channel*

Ahhhh.....That 70's Show. A steady IV of this show kept me alive last week. Rat found this "Jib Jab" thing about a year ago that had Bruce Willis calling Ashton Kutcher "Ass-ton" and then Ashton called him "B-Dog". It was very funny. You'll just have to take my word for it. K? Alright then.

And can someone please tell me where snot comes from because My Lawd! An entire large box and a half of tissues! And still coughing and sniffling.

Now let's see...have I complained enough? Umm....nope! TV Programers out there! Please! I beg of you! Play something at least half-way interesting between 2 and 5am!!! Seriously. I have run out of recorded episodes of Family Guy. This isn't funny anymore. I need some more cartoons. And a way to get something out of the fridge without getting up. Please get back to me on this last one as it is of the uttmost importance.

Now I have a funny picture for this week's Things on the Road Thursday. And if I can remember to get the cable to attach my phone to my computer I will post it. If not, I have a really funny picture for next week's Things on the Road Thursday.

Hee.

Also, today (or actually yesterday, but I haven't gone to bed yet, so I still think of it as today) is Shadow's birthday! He is SIX! Woo! For his birthday I got him one of those giant bouncy balls that you get from like Target in those big bins. It was very funny. I will post pictures. Maybe. Ha! Anyway, wish mah cute wittle puppy a happy birthday and he will not come and eat you. Anyone who doesn't, you're on your own.

5 comments:

Beth said...

I was starting to wonder if you were still with us. Happy Birthday Shadow! Please don't eat me!

Joey Infortuno said...

I will take your word for it!!! =)

-- JibJab Team

barnmouse said...

beth - yup...I'm still alive...I think. Shadow says thank you!

joey - I love the JibJab stuff! I watched the one (or one of) of Bush and Kerry SO many times! Hysterical!

Arlene said...

Yeah, we're all impressed here by how much freakinn' snot your body can produce. We've gone through mass amounts of tissue!! My poor Ty has the hair ball cough now by the way! Hope you get better soon, and, um, I have nothin' on the bad programming in the wee hours of the morning ;-)

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Get well soon and eat anything you can manage!