Tuesday, August 1, 2006

I'm meeeeeltiiiiiing.....

It. Is. So. Hot.

Our energy bill is going to be millions of dollars this month!

I'm just thankful we don't live in California or Arizona or any of those other states that have those blackouts! And for those of you who do live there.....I'll eat an extra icey for you!

Still all veggie! Yay Me! I'm so incredibly full of mac & cheese right now though. I think I'm gonna pop! I did, however, have to slaaaaave over a hot stove to make Computer Guy's barbecued chicken. Okay, okay....so I put it in the oven, shut the door, and then went and sat in front of the fan for an hour.

CG's playing his guitar right now....and I've gotta be honest with you ('cause I can't with him)...I have no idea what he's playing. Generally I can make something out, but not this time. Maybe it's the heat. Yeah....we'll just blame everything on the heat! Like El Nino! Oh no...my hair is frizzy. Must be El Nino! Oh crap...the car isn't working....must be El Nino! *gasp* The carpet is dirty...damn El Nino!!! Now just insert the word "heat" in place of "El Nino".

On a totally unrelated note, I'm in the process of making a Family Cookbook! For some reason, everytime I write that down it comes out "Family Calendar"....I have no idea why. I've written a lovely letter to my whole extended family and have actually gotten some recipes back already! Granted, they were from my mother, but still. I've had a fun filled day of decifering my Grandmother's 20 year old handwriting. I only got stuck on one word and had to call my mom. She said that she noticed that she didn't know that word either. I'm thinking Granny made it up. Yeah. That sounds like her! She's spunky.

I also heard that another member of my family is excited that I'm doing this (the cookbook) and that she spent Sunday morning writing out recipes for me! This has pushed me over the edge of excited! I felt like jumping up and down and boucing off the walls when I heard this.

I already knew that there were some members of my family that would definitely send recipes. But then....there are others.....whom I didn't know how they would feel about it. I never would, but I could imagine some of them just throwing my (slaved over) letter in the trash. Not being mean or anything. I just know that people have their own busy lives to live and writing out tons of recipes isn't exactly many people's idea of a good time.

Is it sad that it's my idea of a good time?

It's a safe bet that for the next few weeks I will be running down to the mail box everyday like an excited child at Christmas!

Is that sad too?

We're watching a thing on shark attacks on the Discovery Channel right now. I think it's safe to say that I'm never going in the ocean again. Ever. Not. Ever. Again. No way, no how! I mean, I'm uneasy about putting my feet on the floor right now!

Yeah, I know. That's definitely sad.

I'm a big fraidy cat. I know. I don't care. I don't want to be eaten by a shark.

On my couch.

Okay...that sounded a little silly.

No comments: